The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tjc=me

rocket - Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG Empty
PostSubject: Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG   rocket - Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:44 am

OK so this may be a "Cat in the Hen House'' but it may just help some builders work out where they went Wrong and why they have no warm space to call there own.
Also part of it is a way of keeping the heat in a mass for a lot longer.
Sorry to those of you that understand this and already have as standard practice, but You Tube is full of folk that do not and it is aimed at them.
If you like please link back to it so they may (in the long run get to see)

www.tonycampton.com
Moderators please note this should have been public
Back to top Go down
Gene.243

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG   rocket - Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:54 am

I have to disagree with venting exhaust inside the greenhouse. Only a horabley leaky greenhouse would allow a rocket to breathe.
Gene
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG   rocket - Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 10:11 am

Have to agree Gene I am sorry but that would be going against common sense and safety.
Back to top Go down
tjc=me

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG   rocket - Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 1:33 am

Sorry...yes under some (well all common sense and safety) one would not vent into a standard -people walk into type greenhouse.
I did have in the early 90's have 4 tunnel greenhouses about 2m tall and 1m wide side on looked like a balloon (kids) 1/2 meter from the tied bottom was at first my Hydroponic's that later turned into Airoponic's and the 4 of them were not possible to enter so co2 was not a problem, the fire heated the water for the luttuce and between hot water and a warm flue air flow there were no bugs and better still dam fine lettuce in the dead of winter.
Earlier when my 36 year old son was 10 we had a major sprout farm in Brisbane (Queensland Australia) in the suburbs and it to was gassed every night, there I sent the flue contents through 2 200 liter water drums to scrub.
But if you were in a place that it would not likely that there would be trespass 1 good firing per week that heated a mass and vented into the space then a day later the air would be (with a small amount of venting) not a big worry.
The point is that if you use any sort of fire to for heating then a lockable green house would not mind (well the Plants) a dose of a good clean burn every now and then ...you may get a suprise.
Tony
WWW.tonycampton.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG   rocket - Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocket Stove and what a lot of builders are doing WRONG
Page 1 of 1