The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster Empty
PostSubject: Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster   Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi guys just posting this reply from rocket booster here so it does not get lost, this will be great to look into for coating stoves on the inside as well outside of them for two reasons, one to protect high combustion internals from degradation which should allow thinner gauge material to be used.

One type will insulate and reflect heat and one type will induce a transfer of heat.

Thanks rocket booster for the links and information.

Trying2Hard , do you have a powder coating shop in your area if so you should see what they have on hand . I prefer Cerakote glacier black C-7600 it is air cure , holds up to 2000f and is reflective to keep the heat in the pipes . Also I like Cerakote transfer black for the heat exchanger tank it holds up to 1200f and is designed to dissipate heat from the parts it is coated with . Hears the technical data sheets for these two products they are both air cure .
http://www.cerakotehightemp.com/resources/files/C-7600%20Glacier%20Black%20Product%20Data.pdf
http://www.nicindustries.com/images/techsheets/C-187%20Transfer%20Black%20Product%20Data.pdf

Last edited by Trying2Hard on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster   Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:02 pm

would you paint the refective paint on the inside close to where the fire is?
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster   Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Yes that is what my thought was with the paint, but only in the secondary burn area, when you are producing gas that is being ignited the temps are so high that from what I have heard from others is the metal does degrade over time. This may be a way to protect the metal from degrading.
Back to top Go down
rocket booster

PostSubject: Re: Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster   Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:16 am

You apply reflective coatings to the out side of the part to hold the heat in the same goes for the heat dissipating coating you apply it to the out side of a part that you want shed heat .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster   Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster Empty

Back to top Go down

Cerakote ceramic coatings suggested by rocket booster
Page 1 of 1