The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie to the Board

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TomR_here

Newbie to the Board Empty
PostSubject: Newbie to the Board   Newbie to the Board EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:25 am

Tom R., here. Hence the screen name.

Just joined today after finding a link to this site on you-tube.

Been doing a lot of searching for different methods of heating my 2 car garage/workshop.
Apparently, my old lungs aren't liking the fumes from my kerosene torpedo heater anymore. I do a lot of coughing after being out there with it going.

So, time for better heat source. Definetly needed here in Michigan during the Winter months.

Been trying to decide on used oil or a rocket burner as heat source.
Seen a vid or 2 on a combo type heater, but am in search of more info on that as well.

Thanks for letting me join.

Now it's off to surf the threads on here and do some reading, maybe learn something along the way.

Tom
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the Board   Newbie to the Board EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:43 am

hi and welcome to the forums

id like to ask which is the more accessable between oil and wood as this is the major factor vs storing and flamable stuff

deppending on which kerosene torpedo heater that you use to heat the area of the 2 car garage

wood

changing to water expands the area you can heat up

oil

however changing and using this type of design you could switch back to the rocket burner type using oil

as the above video illustrates oil acts like a furnace get it wrong this is what it looks like within a rocket burner

Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the Board   Newbie to the Board EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Welcome Tom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to the Board   Newbie to the Board Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie to the Board
Page 1 of 1