The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Side draft rocket stove project has begun.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

Side draft rocket stove project has begun. Empty
PostSubject: Side draft rocket stove project has begun.   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Here is my all stainless steel side draft rocket stove I have been meaning to get to.
Have been making my own small stainless steel hinges on a small table top Taig lathe I picked up for a hundred bucks several months ago.
Project is in progress and being fitted in with all the other projects I have going currently.

Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: side draft rocket stove   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:15 am

i will looking forward to see this thing running are you going to use pellets in it
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Side draft rocket stove project has begun.   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:36 am

No not at this time I will not be using pellets.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Side draft rocket stove project has begun.   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Here are some revisions I will be making to my stove.

Back to top Go down
twistedkarma

twistedkarma

PostSubject: Re: Side draft rocket stove project has begun.   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:08 pm

so, I found out, my batch box was cracked on the side (original weld, not my weld)
does this count as a side draft?

just kidding.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Side draft rocket stove project has begun.   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 5:35 am

if your going to add copper tubing put it to the outside of the vortex tube it will get hot though it wont burn out your pipes, if you install them inside you will destroy them as too hot within that area

also you can use longer lengths instead of the smaller ones that is drawn up further preheating can be done via the chimney area so you would preheat water there and when you get to the main burn its super heated within there

something i mentioned to geo on his build preheating of the water gives better output in the end

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t478-outdoor-wood-boiler
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: side draft rocket stove   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:57 am

hey t2 another idea make it double wall with your water pipes never get exhaust gases it wont be as hot but last longer
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Side draft rocket stove project has begun.   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:05 pm

You may be right gadily it would be worth a try.
I plan on moving towards using stainless steel and will run it inside the end of the tube, I want to experiment with instant hot water as well steam generation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side draft rocket stove project has begun.   Side draft rocket stove project has begun. Empty

Back to top Go down

Side draft rocket stove project has begun.
Page 1 of 1