The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heating coil in rocket stove

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seawind3000

stove - Heating coil in rocket stove Empty
PostSubject: Heating coil in rocket stove   stove - Heating coil in rocket stove EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:54 am

Elam in Lancaster, Pennsylvania... I'm a newbie and so glad I found this site. Want to build a rocket stove with a heating coil that will heat my tote hot tub and water circulated by a ram pump. It's a project in the beginning stages. The tote will be insulated with foam insulation and have wheels on the side to push back into storage in the trailer thereby saving floor space in my 7 x 14 trailer along with my MoKai and ATV. Join me in this project and we may have a movement of tote spas worldwide....LOL Want to be off grid and pump water from a lake or stream into the tote via a 12 volt pump or ram .. It will depend on moving water or still on which pump to use.

My first thoughts are to have the 3/4" copper tubing go into the air inlet and coiled up the stack in a 4" pipe or most likely larger due to cutting off the exhaust..... or extending the pipe higher to increase the updraft that was taken due to the coil displacing normal updraft. Of course the air intake will have to be welded in place with the copper tubing inside of it being that the coil will be in one piece inside the stove. Also want 45 degrees on the air intake so won't have to get out of the spa to put more wood in the stove so it will be quasi self feed.

There are many variables in this project: How much water volume do I need to keep the tote comfy.. Not have the water too hot or cold... what size stove to build to maintain temperature in 40 degrees F or possibly less outside temp... and also in warmer climates.. will a ram be enough of volume to circulate the water.. will a 12 volt pump circulate the water too fast.. and many more. I was considering a water jacket surrounding the stack with a baffle to circulate the water to the top and another insulation jacket protecting the water from cooling...

Maybe I am missing something.... has a coil already been used inside a rocket stove... Your thoughts and ideas are much appreciated..... Thank You
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Heating coil in rocket stove   stove - Heating coil in rocket stove EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 7:07 am

welcome to the forums

yes a coil has been used within a rocket stove riser tube has been used as a shower unit

for boiler its a different matter

theres even cooker types that can use heating of the water system as well as for cooking

theres also hot coals type of heating system for saunas

most systems have been illustrated here on the site
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Heating coil in rocket stove   stove - Heating coil in rocket stove EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:43 pm

Welcome, I will see if I can find a couple of videos on two fellas that did what you are wanting to do.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heating coil in rocket stove   stove - Heating coil in rocket stove Empty

Back to top Go down

Heating coil in rocket stove
Page 1 of 1