The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dyno V pellet feed test.

Go down 
+2
Josjor
T2H
6 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. Empty
PostSubject: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:22 am

Here is a video of the gravity pellet feed test.

I feel it was a success, the feed worked very well with no problems of jamming up, it ran for well over an hour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:56 am

Great Video and Congrats on your successful feed system ! Very Happy   A few more successful trial runs under your belt and you can start to use the words Trouble Free in front of your pellet feed system with Confidence!  cheers

I have never been one to understand the negativity of others towards anyone who does things for the betterment of others, In this case a RS.

Anyone who is willing to invest countless hours of their own personal time into something for others. Knowing they can never be fully compensated for all their hard work and time.This is one of the character traits I look for in people, whom I refer to as my friends. Very Happy

Those who are quick to lash out and bash others, obviously have other short comings in life as well!  :evil:
Back to top Go down
Josjor

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Very nice!!

I'm going to venture a guess or two...........

Smoke up the pellet feed tube: On my stoves I don't end up with any smoke coming up the tube, even when the pellets at the bottom of the feed tube start gasifying/smoldering. Reason? Well, I'm going to guess that since you had the door at the back of your pellet basket open, you weren't getting the direct air flow from your air feed system. On mine, if I don't open up any other doors, the air feed goes across the pellets that smoke/gasses/heat is sucked on into the burn chamber. I know you were opening the basket door to show it off (thanks for that!) but if you were to leave it closed I'm betting you wouldn't have any problem with smoke up the feeder tube, even if you left it's door open.

Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:19 am

I agree and think your right, however I have an idea where I would like to be able to keep the door open and see the fire, originally a door with a glass window was what was planned but the customer opted out for the glass window.

When I had the door open what it did was create a slight reverse draft every time the wind blew.

It will be fun to fine tune it, I plan on building one for myself.

Back to top Go down
Josjor

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 am

One thing that's kind of fun with pellets is that you're able to do rough estimates on how many BTU's you're producing. Roughly 8,000 BTU per pound. Time how long it take the stove to go through a measured pound and then you can do the math on how many BTU per hour your getting. You can do the same with wood, but it's easier to measure out a pound of pellets and wood has varying BTU's per pound. Pellets are pretty consistent in their BTU per pound.

Back to top Go down
bigun

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:07 am

I've been watching this build from the beginning, in fact I found your Utube site while looking for a small wood stove idea for heating my 22 foot motor home. I have one question did you use mild steel for the build or stainless? I am also wondering how much more heat would be produced if the main burn area was insulated? Are you planning on adding a wood feed trough also?
For some reason I can't comment on Utube anymore.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am

Yes I used mild steel.
I am not sure if insulating the burn chamber will produce more heat, however it should increase the efficiency of burning the fuel.

On my next build I do plan on insulating the bottom, possibly the side and back of the burn chamber with pearlite board.

The stove already has a wood feed chamber, you can either burn stick wood or pellets by removing the basket and locking the pellet feed shut with no pellets in it.

Or the pellet feed can be removed completely and a steel plate bolted in its place to seal the hole for burning sticks.

What is your youtube name, you can pm it to me if you want, I can go take a look and see if I blocked you. From time to time have have gotten folks that go on and on about building a system for a large space and be quite rude about it so I will block them, it may be that I mistakenly meant the block for someone else and not you.

So let me know your youtube name and I will see if your on the blocked list, if so I will remove it and apologize if I mistakenly blocked you.
Back to top Go down
bigun

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 10:45 am

Trying2Hard wrote:
Yes I used mild steel.

What is your youtube name, you can pm it to me if you want, I can go take a look and see if I blocked you.  From time to time have have gotten folks that go on and on about building a system for a large space and be quite rude about it so I will block them, it may be that I mistakenly meant the block for someone else and not you.

So let me know your youtube name and I will see if your on the blocked list, if so I will remove it and apologize if I mistakenly blocked you.
Blocking has to do with google take over.

I have never understood the mind set of people who produce nothing, but seem to think their opinion should matter to those that do. Keep up the good work somebody has to think outside of the box
Back to top Go down
Josjor

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:34 pm

bigun wrote:

I have never understood the mind set of people who produce nothing, but seem to think their opinion should matter to those that do.  

Yeah, I don't understand politicians either. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Josjor wrote:
bigun wrote:

I have never understood the mind set of people who produce nothing, but seem to think their opinion should matter to those that do.   

Yeah, I don't understand politicians either. Very Happy 

O-Man ! Here goes the Neighborhood !  jocolor :lol!:
Back to top Go down
billandlori

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Awesome video Tryin!! Watching the blue travel around the shape of the deflectors was really....um....cool!!! Or hot....

Nice workmanship, and a good working stove right there!!

Bill
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 am

trying2hard wouldnt/dont you lose alot of the heat rising up the chimney from the heater

out of a sugestion wouldnt it be better creating it in a spiral effect to the middle dropping it below the heater and then out at the back of the system
i believe that aproach would make the device much hotter before the gases escaped up the chimney as you would still have the bell effect

this one has the same problem to me with lost heat up the chimney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjyf4dBViic

but i like the feeder burn trays also id prefer if people used how used per bag more than in weight gives a much better burn time ratio per bag of pellets
Back to top Go down
Bezman

Bezman

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Trying2Hard,

Just watched this video whilst mustering up the enthusiasm to haul my carcass outside and do the animals.

Great video, and what a fantastic looking stove! Quirky shape (positive quirky mind!!) and the fact that it burns pellets will make for what should be a talking point when the new owner, that you speak of in the video eventually gets it and shows it off. Love the way the metal discoloured throughout the video.

As for those two dogs.........they didn't seem to interested in the burner....pellets or no pellets  :lol: 

Good job mate.

Bezman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyno V pellet feed test.   pellet - Dyno V pellet feed test. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dyno V pellet feed test.
Page 1 of 1