The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to the forum

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
willyC93

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:08 am

Hello from Post Falls, Idaho. I have been watching a number of you, your stoves, and your ideas on you tube for far tooo many hours and have decided to build a turbo rocket stove for elk camp. I like the idea of cleaner burn and less/smaller fuel requirements. My home has a 10/12 pitch metal roof, and my current stove requires chimney cleaning approximately three times during the heating season. My next stove project will hopefully reduce my trips up on that roof. We live in a Ponderosa pine forest with a few Douglas fur, and I am wondering how clean the pine will burn. I currently burn the fur and better wood and give the pine away because of the creosote build up. It is great to be on board!  willyC93
Back to top Go down
gadily

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:08 am

hi willy and welcome to the forum

i use softwood timber and so far have no creosote up my chimney pipe but i do have black soot inside of it from start off

theres a few builds that may interest you as well on the forums

garys build rocket stove and ppottys rocket build both use the preheating method
its the bigger burn box that allows for longer times between filling them that does help
Back to top Go down
willyC93

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 11:36 am

gadily
Thanks for the welcome. I have watched all of the videos from ppotty1, trying2hard, Caotropheus, Gary B. Rocket Booster, you and many many others. You guys have done some outstanding builds! This is a great site with a vast amount of free information. As a stove newbie, I will be more of a sponge then a contributor, but glade to be onboard. Great hearing the rocket will burn p pine without creosote, but less heat production.
Thanks again, willyC93
Back to top Go down
gadily

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:03 pm

i use the pine from sawn timbers from the building sites so im using a mixture of different thickness's

ive also burnt pallet wood from a broken up pallet from new of coarse just dried out or slightly wet within my pallet burner build

softwood burns fast in high heat but can be slowed down with the rocket burner control air primary control that is all my test are done using pine wood so gives you an idea of times using pine wood
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Welcome aboard, as long as the pine is dry it will burn clean.
I have used it myself in my stoves at times.
Back to top Go down
willyC93

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:25 am

T2H
Glade to hear that pine will go through the rocket cleanly. Thanks
willyC93
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Welcome to the forum willy.

I also burn pine and so far, no creosote. When my stove gets to "cruise burning mode" (temperatures above 300 C) I close almost all primary air control and you can see the secondary combustion doing its stuff...
Back to top Go down
drj12567

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am

hello rocket stove forum from NC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum   New to the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the forum
Page 1 of 1