The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Benefits of Joining the Forum.

Go down 
+5
ejime
bassnrat1812
bobot021070
mattinker
ppotty1 Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

Benefits of Joining the Forum. Empty
PostSubject: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:31 am

Hi guys, welcome to the Rocket stove forum.

We are all about sharing out ideas and working on things together as a group. We want to create, (and that includes you) a resource of information on a more sustainable way of living or to put it better ...how to squeeze every single penny until it hurts :lol: We love free heat...energy and fuel so there is plenty for us to work on.
When you join the Forum you will have access to the Ideas and Research section and its free to join.

Please introduce yourself or just say hello as inactive members will be periodically removed by the forum software.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
mattinker

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:50 am

ppotty1 Admin wrote:

Hi guys, welcome to the Rocket stove forum.

We are all about sharing out ideas and working on things together as a group. We want to create, (and that includes you) a resource of information on a more sustainable way of living or to put it better ...how to squeeze every single penny until it hurts :lol: We love free heat...energy and fuel so there is plenty for us to work on.
When you join the Forum you will have access to the Ideas and Research section and its free to join.

Please introduce yourself or just say hello as inactive members will be periodically removed by the forum software.
Hi Potty,

Four weeks is a very short time lapse which I personally think is to short! What's wrong with lurkers? What is the purpose of your putting this time limit in place?

Regards, Matthew
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Matt,
No reason for picking 4 weeks, the thoughts are that if you cant be bothered to say hello in 4 weeks you are probably not going to interact at all. Alot of people join the forum and never return which leaves loads of inactive accounts to administer. When some of you guys have a problem we end up searching through inactive members accounts as well as the active ones, its less work if we have to deal with the active members. Some of the inactive accounts are dual accounts which a member forgot the password to and re-joined so we are just cleaning up the system.
Hope that sums it up. Its done by most forums but they don't announce it, we just wanted to give a heads up to the members.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
bobot021070

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 5:37 am

Hi I'm bobot from Italy but Filipino native of Baguio City. Hope to be helpful in this forum. Thanks to those who had this idea and hope to be useful to all.
Back to top Go down
bassnrat1812

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Good Morning from Mobile, Alabama!

I'm a newbie and I've been fascinated by the rocket stove, YouTube post.  This past winter wasn't too kind to the wallet!  So I'll looking forward to be a part of the solution to reduce our energy consumption.

See ya,
PaPaJ
Back to top Go down
ejime

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 8:39 am

Hello All - I'm looking forward to joining this group so I can learn from more experienced and smarter folks AND hopefully get myself less reliant on my local propane company and more self reliant. I'm sitting on 20 acres of mixed aspen/popple and oak stands and have got to take advantage of the resource.

ejime
Back to top Go down
ftrikerfox

ftrikerfox

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:19 am

Hi ftrikerfox here in lowestoft,suffolk.uk can't get any further east in the uk than here.
Going to make a rocket stove for wooden shed 20x15.
Also a rocket stove forge after more research.

phil
Back to top Go down
Greenwood18

PostSubject: Benefits of Joining the Forum   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi,  I'm from Sydney Australia.

I have joined this forum as I have always had an interest in clean burning wood fires, stoves and combustion in general.

In my childhood our family had a shack at the beach with an old cast iron wood stove under an outside covered area because of summer heat and smoke. It had a water tank on the side and I spent many blissful hours cutting up wood, splitting it and feeding the fire. Grandma was the best firelighter in the family she would just put a match to a small pile of mixed twigs and walk away and it would always be well alight when she next passed to add some thicker pieces. She never fussed with it. I was enthralled and motivated.

When I was aged 9-10 I discovered a book in the local library on fireplace design by a British author with lots of clear diagrams of air flow, combustion and hot gases/smoke rising in fireplace and then what happens as they rise up the back of the hearth go into the smoke chamber and then up a well-designed flue.

What I found intriguing was how shallow/deep, wide and high a well-designed hearth could be to get optimum radiant heat into room from the fire and hot back wall of hearth (proportions roughly = 1d, 2w, 3h  if I remember correctly ). By understanding airflow, the buoyancy of hot gasses, and therefor getting the correct flow through the grate, up the back of the fireplace and transition past the damper into the smoke chamber and exit via the flue.

Since then I have travelled allot and observed many interesting designs and badly functioning fireplaces all over the world. The problem is, they look so simple to design, but if the basics are not understood they are often difficult or dangerous to use (smoke and gasses into room) or just very inefficient.

Recently I have followed allot of the Utube video's on Rocket Stoves (RS) and find it frustrating that many who post videos and comment don't seem to understand the first principles of the RS and the importance of the secondary combustion processes in the insulated riser that make it so efficient (close to 100% combustion = no smoke or tar/resin deposits in chimney).

Having said that, there is also allot of design freedom depending on one’s materials and individual applications and those constraints on the eventual design.

This all leads to some unique and inspired solutions to the various problems. Hence my interest in this wonderfully open forum of ideas. I am further intrigued by some of the designs progressing from purely RS to a hybrid gassifier as the heated secondary air changes the way the firebox functions. Truly inspirational.

Even the less successful builds can inspire that designer, and others of us, to think of possible solutions and at the very least help us avoid wasting time & money.

The internet has enabled many of us from diverse backgrounds and different countries to interact and feed off each other’s ideas like a worldwide ‘think-tank’

We all stand on the shoulders of those that have gone before us
regards
 S
Back to top Go down
fiona123

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 6:44 am

Just wanted to say hello. I am from Michigan in the United States, and have found this topic very interesting and worthwhile for investigation into design and fabrication of a rocket stove/mass heater.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benefits of Joining the Forum.   Benefits of Joining the Forum. Empty

Back to top Go down

Benefits of Joining the Forum.
Page 1 of 1